Archive

Saturday 28 March 2015

Smack Deli - LDN

Coming from The West Coast I can be a bit of a sea food snob.  We have it good in BC and especially on the Island. 

But I had seen blog posts about a lobster roll place in London so J Bar and I decided to check it out. 

Smack Deli is located right off Oxford Street about a block away from Bond Street Station... Forever 21 is on the way... just saying. 

Check out the Restaurant here 

I loved the exterior on the building, but sadly the building next door currently has a whole bunch of scaffolding and messed up my shot.

But the inside is really what I gotta show you, or at least what they cook up in there.



Check out that hunk of meat. 

The menu is super simple, Lobster rolls, or whole Lobster. 



Get your mouth watering with those rolls. 

 Jess had the Seven Samurai with the courgette (zucchini) Fries, I had the whole lobster with lemon mayo and the lobster chowder. 
 ALSO THEY SERVE WINE AND BEER AND I THINK THAT IS COOL ! 


The Bar is pretty cute too. 

The Roll was super yummy and spilling with lobster and fillings. 
I know that Lobster Rolls are a East Coast thing but I think the West coast needs to get on these things. 


My guy who we referred to as Carl, looked awesome in his box. 

For those who do not know I have an obsession with lobster shells and would some day like to start a Lobster taxidermy company called Crustacean Claw down... Don't steal my idea. I mean that is umm totally copywrited. 

I mean just look at there shells, try and get more colour full then that. 



We loved the food and the whole experience, its well worth a trip, I can not recommend this place enough. 

After dinner we wondered over to Soho, where we met my man Z Bar and my good friend James. 

After having a drink we found a place called Las Vegas, and were in to the fact that they had American pool. We wandered in wondering if it was billiards or if there was actually an underground public swimming pool in soho. 

Finding that it was in fact billiards we settled in for a couple games. This place was a very interesting arcade, and we originally only stayed for the pool but then also dipped in to a couple games of Guitar Hero and some car racing games. 



The men where the big shots and were much more involved then Jess and I . 



James and I played the siblings. 


Considering that we had a pool table when I lived in Worcester and had all the time in the world to practice I actually massively lack in pool skills. 



But with a little help from my team mate. 



We were able to win the first match... seriously with no help from me. It was all you James. 

It was a pretty fun night out, and I would be selfish if I didn't tell you about Smack deli. 


No comments:

Post a Comment