Archive

Tuesday 31 March 2015

Fortnum and Mason Christmas Present

For anyone who has never encountered my obsession with fine china, I have been collecting tea sets, cups and saucers, and tea pots. I have loved china for quite some time, my first tea set was an Anne of Green Gables child sized one which I still own. 

My mother and I often spend weekends checking out consignments for our sets.
I fell in love with a Minton set a couple years ago that turned out to be incredibly rare and worth a lot more than I happened to pay for it. 

To go hand in hand with my obsession with find china there is my thing for all things traditional British.... Polo, high tea, fascinators, bunting. 
My parents very kindly got me a trip to Fortnum and Mason's for tea as a christmas present. 

I choose to wait for Crouton to visit to use it. Lucy and Jess also joined us and we had a beautiful afternoon. 


 The store front is lovely. Once inside you head all the way up to the top for tea.
The service was wonderful, and the table was lovely.




 This orange pink flower next to the light blue china was a beautiful contrast.

The tea menu is extensive and has literally every option on it. I went for a strawberry black tea, that tasted like a pop tart ... I for one loved that. Might be too sweet for some.

Jessica had the wedding tea made for Kate Middleton on the morning of her wedding.
That was also very very nice.

 The venue was perfect the decor and lighting was beyond my expectations.

The tea was there own brand and light blue to match most of the decor in the room. 



Crouton and I had the savoury tea that came with endless sandwiches and desserts. 

That egg up there was actually a hand cut egg which they then stuffed with lobster and caviar. It may be one of the best things I have ever tried.

The afternoon was summed up by spending about an hour in the china section of the store. I feel in love with a set that looks like apartment buildings. 




No comments:

Post a Comment