Archive

Friday 27 March 2015

Paris for 5 hours

This isn't the most picture filled post. 
I was only in Paris for 5 hours this time and only took a couple photos while I did my best to be Nate's tour guide. 

Personally I have a deep love for the city I find it beautiful and mesmerising. I could walk around with my head not quite in the clouds but in the architecture all day.  That may be why I don't end up taking many photos when Im there. 

Thought there wasn't time for it this time my three must do's for Paris are a guided tour of the Palais Garnier info here . Free Fashion shows on Fridays at the Boulevard Haussman Galeries Lafayette info here  I would also suggest taking in the view from the roof top terrace. And The Musse de L'orangerie ( more info below) 

I first took Nate to my favourite building in Paris the Palais Garnier. 

 My apologies for the weird angle on some of the shots I was trying to get the other tourist out of the shots... I actually kinda like it on this one.

The Palais Garnier is the ballet and opera house, as well as where Phantom of the Opera is set. I think it is an incredible building, inside and out.

We headed off towards the other exciting sites, by heading down the Rue Du Opera.
Which has beautiful apartment  buildings that to put it simple make me feel great.
Case in point :


 Haussman's Renovation of the city is worth having a look at.  Very interesting and smart in-site on neighbour hood planning. 

We made it all the way down to the Jardin Des Tuileries, which houses my favourite art gallery in the whole world. Thats saying a lot cause I live in London and have amazing art at my finger tips.  The Musee de L'orangerie is in an old orange green house and has the Monet Lily painting which are my favourite paintings in the whole world. They are massive and take up full rooms. Which I hope to one day get married in.  I have this whole dream wedding in Paris cause I'm a girl and I think about that stuff. 

Here is the outside,  its not very big. 

But in a lovely spot.  Info  here 

We continued through the park which will take you one of the most visited galleries The louvre.

Personally I just like walking through the park.

We made it all the way to Notre Dame, where you can check out the sweet little/ cubby gargoyles from the Disney film. It is a big tourist spot and my mother and I found out a couple years ago that walking around to the back is almost better then the front.
Less Gargoyles in the back though.

As I said at the beginning I love Paris but I do not hold it on a big pedestal, I have had some scary run ins in the city and seen some even scarier ones. Be careful in Paris, love it but try and speak the language, that goes oh so far in this city. I can guarantee 100% better service if you even try to speak a little french.

However the positives out weight the negatives here. I have been about 5 times and still long to see more.


No comments:

Post a Comment