Archive

Thursday 2 April 2015

Shake Shack

There is a burger place in Victoria called Bin 4. They have a feature burger every month and Zach and I actually go ever month if not more often. 
The burgers are phenomenal ! The buns are to die for and try as I might to have a feature burger I always end up with the same burger. The Bin 24 the Sweet sweet corn and chipotle... here is the description from the website. 

Bin 24 – "Sweet Corn & Chipotle" 


Rossdown Farms free run chicken breast, sweet corn red pepper & jalapeno salsa, cilantro, roasted jalapeno goat cheese, chipotle aioli, butter lettuce, tomato. 
I always swap the chicken for beef but sometimes buffalo or Venison. 
Moving to England has been my dream for the last ten years, so I was really ready to leave and start life in LDN, but leaving Bin 4 was flipping hard. I want and need my burger. I have fully having withdrawals. Its weird cause its a burger. 
So Jess and I have been traveling deep in to London blogs and food forums to find burgers that might satisfy our cravings. 
The Londoner is my fav and has mentioned Shake Shack before and it looked like it might have potential. 

They are American and have crossed the pond over to England, purely to satisfy my crinkle cut fries needs. 

My Sweater/jumper from Nasty Gal Check it out here 
 Right off the bat they gave us all a pair of Shake Shack sunglasses, so we were happy. 
The burgers were good and the meat was yummy and such... I did really enjoy them. 


The sauce made me pretty happy, I would say they were more a long the lines of In and Out Burger when you don't order off the secret menu. 

The Fries were amazing, I love crinkle fries and they were crispy and salty. 

Now Pump cheese is not my jam at all. I'm a bit perplexed by the amount pf pump cheese I have seen since I left BC.  Not just the UK but Ontario you do it too. 
My cousin Spencer loves it but I can not wrap my head around it. 

That being said I'm not huge on American Style restaurants having cheese fries... its not poutine its just pump cheese. 

Pump cheese aside we had a great day. 

And we loved the Sunglasses

No comments:

Post a Comment