Archive

Tuesday 29 March 2016

Marnie, My-Charlie & My Retainer


I have been catching up on Girls,

My brother is wonderful for helping me watch it while I have been in the UK.


The Charlie & Marnie episode has worn my heart out.


I currently have a headache that reminds me of my first ever migraine that resulted in MyCharlie carrying me to bed and stroking my hair.




It took us about a billion years to get together, and a billion attempts to stay together. When I watched Girls for the first time I was told that you identify with a character, like you tend to with Sex and the City. In the very first scene Marnie takes out her retainer, and complains that she doesn't like sleeping in the same bed as her boyfriend. That was a lot of my nights at that time, I also had long brown hair. I thought the similarities stopped there. I never thought I was that type A, I was but only with MyCharlie. We met each others bossy with more bossy and despite very true love, it was a big disaster.





This last episode was my favorite so far because I loved how Marnie sank in to Charlie and let her self go. Heroin aside I love who Charlie has become, I think that's a big part of my heartache. I always saw my self as Marnie, and MyCharlie as Charlie. I don't want him to do heroin, but I am enjoying who he is becoming. while I watch from the outside, which is where we both thrive. 


I wonder if Marnie still wears her retainer, I still have mine. 



Photos from HBOgo.





No comments:

Post a Comment