Archive

Wednesday 25 March 2015

Lemon Tarts and Avignon

My first ever endeavour in to The South of France was Avignon. My mother and I went for my first trip to France when I was living in Worcester when I was 18. 

Among Paris , Bois and Aix on Provence we found our selves in Avignon. Where we literally had the worlds best lemon tart, I have talked about this tart ever since. My mom and I had 20 min to switch trains and booked it in to the walls just for these tarts. 

So naturally when traveling from Montpellier to Lyon you should stop in Avignon to eat lemon tarts. 

With this being Natters first trip to France I thought I should take him to all my fav spots. We booked our trains to give us a couple of hours in Avignon. 

The Palais De Pope is also worth the trip in to the city walls. I mean come on, just look at this 

While in University I took a couple wine courses and the wine that comes from this area is really something else. 

I thought that this building across the street was lovely. 

I have always had a thing for climbing tall buildings, maybe I wanna be Godzilla or I just like the views. I loved that you can get up to the top of the Palais de Pope. 
Who can Spot Nate ? 

Lastly a trip to Avignon is not complete with out a little trip to The Pont De Avignon. 

I need to work on my taking pictures of people skills. 

No comments:

Post a Comment